Thursday, January 24, 2008

Computer Stuff

So today I finally got my other computer set up. Its currently on windows 2000, however thanks to Benrr101, I have nearly maxed out my memory, possibly maxed out because I still have some serial numbers to look up.

I am seriously considering a conversion to Linux at this point. I tried the Ubuntu test CD, and it is safe to say that I was very impressed, the only hope is that it will run faster off of the hard drive and not a disk.

I have encountered one problem that has stopped progress though. I like to keep my options open, so I can choose the best alternative possible. I wanted Fedora very badly, however the disk it comes on is a DVD, so guess what, my computer can't read it. I am currently searching for a solution, so I will keep posting.

2 comments:

Thoughtful in Selah said...

How big is Fedora? I might be able to burn it to CD depending on size. I also like Dream Linux because it looks like a mac.

About the comment that you just left me. It takes alot to do something like that and I'm really proud of you for doing so. I didn't want to be the first because I didn't start the argument and I didn't want Tyler to feel that he "won" because you can't win a religious (or faith) argument. I don't mind the peaceful discussion of differences, but it annoys me when someone begins saying that Christianity is wrong and being blamed and whatnot.

Through it all, I've been stretched and I've grown a little more.

Next time, we need to do it on a forum.
~TiS

Anonymous said...

hey sandman sorry I haven't commented on your blog in a long while. You probably don't remember me I'm one of pianoboys friends. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.