Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"No Leaf Clover"

Ok, I got the song "No Leaf Clover" on my playlist, by Metallica S&M...

Well it really describes a lot of my day today.

And I quote...

"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way."

I believe that says it all, except for one thing, and that is the reason. The reason is simple, today was the first day of cross-country practice, and guess how many miles they threw at me? 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are training for a 3 mile race, and in 3 years I have never been forced to do such a thing. Sadly I didn't even get to finish, because I managed to get one heck of a cut on the back of my ankle... I was forced to finish on a bike, by the coach. Not to say I'm not grateful for the bike, its just the fact that it was mortifying.

Well, I guess tomorrow's a new day (this one with a wonderful new invention called medical tape), so maybe I can redeem myself.

~Storm~

3 comments:

AmericasNextFreak said...

Hey there!

Don't let it get'cha down. We all have moments where we feel... less than perfect, or no help at all.

Today's a new day, and i pray things are going better for you!

Give me a call later if you can! ^__^

~Sylvia~

.Death.Of.Beauty. said...

i really like that quote! and see... this is why i never do cross country. i got so embarrased when i couldnt finish the 8 mile run at my school. but hey, everyone has their share of humiliations. dont let it ruin you. and for your quote, not all freight trains make a big impact.

-DeathOfBeauty-

KinderSwimmer89 said...

Good luck with the ankle Thats gotta hurt tell if the med tape works never know when i will need it.