Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good Music

I would recommend that anyone who goes to St.Paul's look up the song "Subdivisions" by Rush, it is basically all about our school.

"Subdivisions; in the high-school halls, in the shopping malls. Conform or be cast out. Subdivisions; in the basement bars, in the backs of cars. Be cool or be cast out." (Obviously all credit for these lines goes to Rush)

On a different note, it has been awhile since I stopped listening to country music, but there is at least one song that I still like. That song is "Just to See You Smile" by Tim McGraw. I don't know why I like this song, considering that I generally dislike any country music that isn't classic. So I guess it isn't all about extreme face melting guitar solos and and singers who, no matter how hard you try, you can't figure out what they are saying.

Another good song is "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses. This is just generally a good song. It is one of the very few goals I have when it comes to learning to play guitar. Currently I can do the first four pages of the sheet music, unfortunately the song is twenty pages long.

Two other good songs (that I will eventually try to learn are) "Ride the Lightning" by Metallica and "All Hells Breakin Loose" by KISS.

Another cool song is "Seek and Destroy" by Metallica.

Finally, my absolute favorite song, is "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica. This also demonstrates that people don't understand me, because this song is a ballad. Most people think that a guy like me could never even like a ballad, let alone have it be his favorite song.

If you have any other music suggestions, besides the ones that you already know that I know please feel free to let me know.

2 comments:

Fran "the man" said...

Metallica is sweet! Also, you have to listen to Bullet For My Valentine. that band is so cool. one more thing to say, i like Pudding!

kkl19902008 said...

You listen to Rush. That is like freakin sweet. One of my other friends listens to Rush (you don't know him) and he sends me songs at random times. I'm a fan of Temple of Syrinx. But yeah, that's great. Oh and songs to listen to (These are all by the group HIM)....
1. Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly
2. It's All Tears
3. Vampire Heart
4. The Beginning of the End
5. Under the Rose
6. Killing Loneliness
7. Drunk on Shadows
I know that some of those titles sound really bad, but they're actually great songs. Love yas.
Katy