Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Only Poem I Wrote that Anyone Thought was Good



I wrote this for my poetry project a few months back, most of the people I showed it to thought it was good, my English teacher didn't like it but that doesn't surprise me.

So here goes...

The Hope I See

I see hope every day.
In my friends and enemies,
In acquaintances and strangers alike,
In clarity and confusion,
In life and in death,
I see hope everywhere.

My few friends give me hope for myself, and for others.
My enemies give me hope for a change in myself,
That one-day they may no longer be my foes.
Acquaintances give me hope for the present.
Strangers give me hope for the future.
Clarity gives me the hope that I will find success.
Confusion gives me the hope that everything will turn out all right.
Life gives me hope for love.
Death gives me hope that God will welcome me.

-Storm-

P.S. In the project there was a picture of a white rose, a silent tribute to one of my best friends, who was somehow responsible for completely changing the way I think.
P.S.S. I added the picture but its a bit blurry.

2 comments:

piano boy said...

Wow, thats pretty good. Sometimes hope is all we have. But true hope never dies.

AmericasNextFreak said...

Had i known you then, i would have complimented you then as well...

Simply beautiful, storm ^__^