Sunday, March 18, 2007

Song of the Week part III

OK so I lied I changed the song today instead of Monday. I'm just going to be busy tomorrow...


The song of the week is "Nothing Else Matters," by Metallica. Unlike the first song this one actually involves vocals. It came off of the 1991 album "Metallica."


Just so you know this album is more commonly called the "Black Album."
I chose this song for two reasons; I like it, and I am learning to play it on guitar. It's a lot harder than the other stuff I can play (even though it is considered by some experienced guitarists to be slow and easy).
For future reference, I am not going to put the same bands on here for more than two in a row, next week will probably be Guns N' Roses, or Dio.

6 comments:

Ranting Heathen said...

Mm, I love Metallica, I also love the song in your profile.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and storm. Try this on your guitar...I figured I might pass a bit of my soloing knowledge on to you. (I still have tons more to teach you...but I need you to be a wee bit more skilled first.)

Keep in mind, this uses two hands.

On your left hand, Put your FIRST finger on the FIFTH freat, and your PINKY on the eight fret.

Put the first finger on your RIGHT hand OVER the TWELFTH fret. (Get ready to strike it)

Now, TAP the twelfth fret with your RIGHT hand, and pull the finger off of the twelfth.

Now, Pull off of the eight fret with your pink, and repeat.

It's called two handed finger tapping. It sounds so cool when done right. Good luck. :3

-- Ty

Fran "the man" said...

storm out of all that i've heard you play i can say that you are better than me, but i'd rather play the drums. either way i got to ask you if you've listened to the cd i let you borrow yet if not then you can keep it longer if you want.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael!! FYI the album artwork is not as bright as this picture.As a matter of fact the picture you have posted looks like someone went at with a silver sharpie. Anyways I deserve "Hero of the day" for giving you your birthday spanks.And one last thing GET A MYSPACE BECAUSE NO ONES BLOGS ANYMORE. not to mention its mroe secure i googled your blogs and you could easily get raped in a day... you can even find me on myspace bro ttyl have a good night-
Rob

Anonymous said...

erroe on that comment it should say you cant find me but my dislexic keyboard decided it didnt want to type the "T"

AmericasNextFreak said...

Still love that song... ^__^